Corn Free Chocolate Pudding - no cook


I have tried unsuccessfully, so far, to come up with a cooked pudding that does not use corn starch.  Tapioca starch is too gummy and arrowroot does not like dairy.  I know a blend is the way to go, so I am branching out into blends of starches and maybe some wheat free flours.  I'll keep working on it.  But in the mean time, I loved this avocado based chocolate pudding that I first saw on Comfy Belly, years ago.  I used more sweetener to taste but that is up to your personal sweet tooth!  I can tell you that this pudding makes the most amazing chocolate mousse when you fold in some whipped cream.  Oh my goodness, decadence.  Try out this super rich and satisfying treat, it's got lots of healthful fat and vitamins in it.  ☺

Instant Chocolate Pudding
Makes 3 servings

2 medium avocados (about 2 cups worth)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup maple syrup (anywhere from ½ c +2 tbsp to ¾ c + 2 tbsp works)
1 tsp vanilla
Mini chocolate chips for garnish (or fresh berries!)

Optional: sweetened whipped cream to fold in to finished pudding for chocolate mousse.

Add avocado, cocoa, syrup and vanilla to a food processor.  Pulse to combine.  Scrape and mix again until fully combined and creamy.  Scrape pudding into a bowl and chill for an hour.  Or less.  Garnish as desired or fold in whipped cream for an even more decadent treat!

I don't have a pretty picture of the mousse, it didn't last long enough to make it to a bowl or cup!  But here it is in process:


Adapted very closely from Comfy Belly.

Comments